Located on the idyllic shores of Lake Washington, Bellevue boasts a cornucopia of fun things to see and do. Although the city is just a few miles away from Seattle, it has its own unique personality. Officially the fifth largest city in the state of Washington, Bellevue features a hot tech market, upscale shopping,first-classdining options, and a massive amount of natural beauty. Here are a few of the top things to consider as you plan your Bellevue adventure:
WHAT TO DO:
- Bellevue Botanical Garden: This stunning display of flowers and plants highlights the beauty of the Evergreen State. Winding paths take visitors through a maze of exhibits that change with the seasons. In the wintertime, the garden comes alive with holiday lights, making it a festive holiday outing.
- Bellevue Collection: Shopping and dining enthusiasts will delight in the vast offerings of the Bellevue Collection entertainment district. Conveniently located in downtown Bellevue, you can shop ‘til you drop at any of the many upscale retailers. After a day of shopping, there is a myriad of dining options designed to satiate any appetite.
- Pike Place Market: If you are feeling adventurous, you can cross the lake and take in the tradition of Seattle’s Pike Place Market. This iconic Seattle institution features a variety of food and shopping stalls that highlight the diverse culture and people of the Pacific Northwest.
WHERE TO STAY:
- Hyatt Regency Bellevue on Seattle’s East Side: This modern hotel is one of the premier hotels near the Bellevue Square mall. Spacious rooms are complemented by amenities such as concierge service and a fitness center.
- Extended Stay America Factoria: You might want to consider this property if your travels to Bellevue bring you to the area for a while. A complimentary breakfast and kitchenettes in the room make it easy to call this place home.
- Sheraton Bellevue Hotel: This hotel is located within walking distance to many of Bellevue’s top attractions and hottest restaurants. If you are traveling with children, the specially designed family rooms give you room to spread out and relax.
WHAT TO EAT:
- John Howie Steak: As one of Seattle’s most elegant steak houses, John Howie will impress even the most discerning diner. Located in the prestigious Shops at the Bravern shopping complex, this steakhouse also features a popular daily happy hour.
- Sugar Factory: If you are traveling to Bellevue with kids, you cannot miss the fun and whimsical Sugar Factory. Young diners will be delighted with the massive sugary treats decked out with all of the tastiest accompaniments. A full menu and a creative drink menu will please the adults in your party.
- McCormick &Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks: As part of the Bellevue Collection, McCormick &Schmick’s is centrally located within all of your Eastside travels. This Seattle institution features some of the region’s freshest seafood as well as mouth-watering steaks.
THIS AND THAT:
Although Bellevue enjoys a moderate climate, it experiences rain for much of the year. Be sure to pack along an umbrella or hooded jacket. Dressing in layers is always the best advice for travel at any time of the year in this region.