Kitchen is the room which needs most attention while moving a house. Packing a kitchen is a hectic and tiring task. The kitchen contains a huge number of items stored in countless drawers, cupboards, and so many other hiding places. Before starting packing up your kitchen for a move, the following things should be taken care:
- Gather packing supplies including packing paper, packing boxes, and bubble wraps.
- Sort the kitchen stuff before packing, it will also help us in getting rid of useless stuff to make your new kitchen tidier and practical. Sorting will also ease out the process of packing and unpacking of similar stuff.
Use the following Steps to pack kitchen items
(A) Packing Dishes
- Bottom of each dish box should be taped and a protective layer of pieces of crumpled packing papers or bubble wrap should be created inside the box, a kitchen plate should be placed in the middle of a stack of white packing paper, pull two sheets from each corner over the fragile flatware piece to cover completely.
- An extra layer of bubble wrap should be added for the safety of expensive and valuable flatware pieces.
- China plate should be wrapped in an entire sheet of paper and transfer the protected dish to the box and place it inside on its edge. Never lay a china dish flat.
- All empty spaces inside the pack should be filled with old clothes, or paper to prevent the shifting of the dishes from their places during transportation.
- The dish box should be taped to shut and should be labeled as Kitchen Plates, Extra Fragile Material and Handle with Care labels.
- Gather the packing materials and prepare the boxes in which glasses are to be packed by taping the bottoms of the boxes and padding them.
- A glass should be placed in the center of a stack of white packing paper.
- The stem of the glass should be wrapped with a perspective sheet of bubble wrap.
- Use extra paper to cover all three corners of the glass and tape it to keep it from getting unwrapped later.
- Transfer the protected glassware into the prepared cardboard container and place them keeping their open parts facing down.
- Fill in the empty spaces with old pieces of cloths or paper to avoid any movement of the packed stuff while transportation.
Kitchen silverware should be packed in white packing paper. Each item should be packed separately and should be taped individually to avoid any scratches.
Packing of knives needs extra care. First of all, different types of knives should be sorted according to their use. Then each knife should be packed in several layers of paper to provide extra cushioning to avoid any cuts during packing and unpacking of the stuff.
(E) Pots and Pans
Pots and pans are easier to pack as they are not fragile. Nesting techniques should be used as the place the smaller item into the bigger item and make a stack.
(F) Small Electronic Items
Small electronic appliances should be packed in their own boxes or in similar size boxes.
You can always ask professional Cross Country Moving Companies to help you with the packing of your essentials in the kitchen. There are many delicate as well as large items in the kitchen that must be packed with the help of the professionals only.